The coalition of state chairmen of registered political parties in Delta state has described the Honourable member representing Aniocha North state constituency in the Delta State House of Assembly, Hon. Engr. Emeka Nwaobi as a personality who has carved a niche for himself as far as selfless and outstanding service delivery to his constituency is concerned.
The coalition in its regular review of some outstanding politicians who have made a mark in their services to their constituencies and humanity in general, made available their findings to journalists in Asaba, noting that Aniocha North before the inception of the present administration in the State under the leadership of Senator Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa and the inauguration of Hon. Engr. Emeka Nwaobi as the representative of the constituency in the State House of Assembly, was blank with infrastructural development and was really nothing to write home about, while attributing the situation to leadership crises, back stabbing and lack of concerted effort by political leaders in the area to have a united voice.
The coalition, in the review signed by the chairman, Chief Efe Tobor, the Secretary, Amb. Prince Jude Eze, the Publicity Secretary, Comrade Emeka Bidokwu, the Organizing Secretary, Comrade Innocent Ogar and the Woman Leader, Hon. Hannah Odibo, affirmed that Nwaobi on coming on board identified the repulsive condition and quickly formed a unique synergy into the SMART Team of the Delta State Government and the Governor, Senator Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa from whom he personally tapped the energy and enablement, to execute most of his campaign promises to the people of his constituency.
They affirmed: “To this end, Hon. Engr. Nwaobi in just a space of two years as a member of the Delta State House of Assembly has made unprecedented achievements in Aniocha North”, some of which are as follows:
- First ever Special Environmental Sanitation in Issele-Uku, dislodging all the gutters and evacuating waste for a number of days.
- Construction of Aniocha North Main Entrance Road from Benin/Asaba Expressway to Afor Market in Issele-Uku .
- Construction of Ukwu-Nzu Access Road.
- Construction of Obomkpa Road (ongoing)..
- Construction of Issele-Uku/Issele-Mkpitime/Onicha-Olona Road.
- Construction of Issele-Uku/Onicha-Ugbo Road.
- Reactivation of Issele-Uku Water Works
- Facilitation of the completed Issele-uku Solar Water Project through the Sustainable Development Goals, SDG.
- Provision of chairs and tables for students and teachers at Obomkpa Mixed Secondary School, Obomkpa.
- Provision of three classroom block in Azagba Primary School, Issele-Asagba.
- Provision of six classroom block in Gbonoza Primary School, Onicha-Ugbo .
- Provision of six classroom block in Adams Primary School, Issele-Uku .
- Construction of three classroom block in Nkwor 1 Primary School, Idumuje-Unor .
- Reactivation of Onicha-Olona Water Works (ongoing).
- Provision of Prototype Steel Stanchion Workshop at the Technical College, Issele-Uku.
- Construction of six classroom block in Diei Primary School, Idumu-Ogo.
- Construction of six classroom block in Ugboko primary School, Idumuje-Ugboko
- For easy communication among the rural dwellers in the constituency, in the period under review, this SMART TEAM opened up rural link roads and massive grading of internal earth roads to link up the various communities and quarters. Such rural link roads include:
- The Ugbodu-Oha River link road
- ii. The Ezi-Ogodor Link road
iii. iii. The massive grading of Ezi Internal roads.
- iv. The Obomkpa-Ubulubu link roads.
- Construction of staff quarters at the Issele-Uku Primary Health Centre.
- Construction of Main Workshop and External Automobile Workshop at the Technical College, Issele-Uku.
- Construction of Library Building at the Technical College, Issele-Uku.
- Annual Undergraduate Scholarship Award to Indigent Students of Aniocha North origin.
- Empowerment of 203 youths and 50 women with cash to enable them start up their small scale businesses.
- The SMART TEAM has also facilitated the Political Appointments of key persons in the Constituency.
This unique synergy has also led to the impressive achievements in the Legislature, where Hon. Engr. Emeka Nwaobi has co-sponsored the following bills:
(1) Delta State Special Offences Bill
(2) Delta State Building and Civil Engineering (Construction) Materials Quality Control Laboratory Bill
(3) Delta State Forceful Entry and Illegal Occupation of landed properties, violence and fraudulent Conduct in Relation to Landed Properties Bill
(4) Delta State Anti-Grazing Bill
(5) Delta State Consumer Protection Agency Bill
This team spirit has also led Hon. Nwaobi into participating in the making of the following bills; whereas some have been passed and some yet to be passed.
- Delta State Advisory Council on the Prerogative of Mercy Law 2016.
- Delta State Anti-Terrorism Law 2016
- Delta State Scholarship Board Law 2016
- Delta State Structure for Signage and Advertisement Agency Law 2015 amended.
- Delta State Agency for Control of HIV/AIDS Law 2016
- Delta State Public Procurement Commission Agency Law 2016
- Delta State Bureau for Lands Investment Preparation Charges law 2016
- Delta State Security Trust Fund (Amended) Law 2016
- Delta State School of Nursing and Midwifery Law
- Delta State Agricultural and Rural Development Authority Law
- Delta State Investment Development Agency Law
- Delta State Private Education Institutions Bill
- Delta State Regulation of Smoking in Public Places Bill
- Delta State Water Board Agency Bill
- Delta State College of Education Mosogar Bill
- Delta State Hotels and Restaurants Bill
- Delta State Forestry Development (Private Participation) and Forestry Trust Fund Bill
- 2017 Appropriation Bill
- Delta State Metal Scrap Bill
The coalition, however in the review noted with sadness that Hon. Nwaobi, despite all his efforts in helping with the expression of the SMART Agenda of the State Governor in Aniocha North for all to see and appreciate, he has come under what they described as “vicious and malicious attacks on Social Media by some sponsored persons who are desirous of pulling him down for reasons best known to them”.
The coalition revealed that in line with their objectives and mode of operation, having carried out their investigation and found out that, “Emeka Nwaobi is a new breed politician who is not given to the old ways of doing things in Aniocha North.
He has remained unyielding in the desire of some politicians in the area to drag him into some unwholesome practices that would take Aniocha North backwards,” even as they also noted that “Perhaps, also, the massive infrastructural projects he has influenced to his constituency and by implication his towering profile is beginning to threaten some political elements in the area”.
In their six page review, the Coalition stated that they found it very confusing and intriguing why an achiever should be vilified by some leaders rather than being commended.
“Emeka Nwaobi as we have found out is a highly principled but very respectful person who consults his elders, opinion leaders and his constituents before embarking on any issue that affects them. He has become a veritable grassroots politician trusted by his people.
“Yet his forthrightness, fear of God and his detribalized nature seem to have pitched him against some politicians in the area who still play the politics of self, family and godfatherism as against selfless service which Emeka Nwaobi embodies.
“It may interest people to know that since Emeka Nwaobi joined the Delta State House of Assembly, he has continued to donate his monthly salary to the less privileged in his constituency. This display of service before self is very rare in this part of the world and all men of goodwill should commend and not denigrate him” they stated.
The group therefore, in the impressive and massive review, called on political stakeholders, opinion leaders and indigenes of Aniocha North to put aside sentiments and work towards appreciating one of their own whom they noted has been used by God and the Governor of the State to bring about transformation in the area within a space of just two years.
“We passionately appeal to those hired hands attacking Emeka Nwaobi in the Social Media to desist from such acts, as such could only portray Aniocha North in bad light to the rest of the world”, they stated and urged Hon. Nwaobi not to be distracted, but to remain resolute and undaunted in the face of provocations, even at a time majority of the people of Aniocha North are beginning to see him as a blessing to them.
“As the race towards 2019 gets closer, this is the time for Aniocha North people to begin to do an inward soul searching to retain one of their best if they really want to sustain the current developmental pace in their communities,” they concluded.