Mulade Congratulates Governor Okowa on Second Term in Office:
Urge him to Consider and send the Coaster Area Development Agency Proposal As Executive Bill to DTHA
Charge Delta State House of Assembly To Consider It Urgently For The Sake of One DELTA
The Peace advocate and chief sponsor of the Coaster Areas Development Agency, CADA Bill, Niger Delta human rights activist and environmentalist, Comrade (Amb) Sheriff Mulade has Congratulated Sen Dr Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa , Governor of Delta State and his Deputy Dcn Barr Kingsley Burutu Otuaro, on their second term in office and given further reasons why the Coaster Area Development Agency, CADA Bill, should be passed without delay by the State House of Assembly.
Speaking with newsmen in Asaba during the inaugural ceremony of the Governor’s second term, Comrade Mulade said, “for the following reasons and for the sake of one Delta, our dear Honourable members in the forthcoming House of Assembly should consider and speed up the bill to create the Coastal Areas Development Agency, CADA, and pass it so that our dear governor can sign it into law to give some sense of belonging to the riverine communities in the state.”
Comrade (Amb) Mulade gave the following reasons for the creation of the Coastal Areas Development Agency, CADA.
1. The Riverine Communities contributes over 80% to the State Treasury
2. The Riverine Communities lack social basic amenities such as electricity, portable drinking water, good healthcare, quality education, good roads and transportation.
3. The Riverine Communities have always been fateful to PDP and always support and vote all the PDP candidates in all the general elections since 1999.
4. The Riverine Communities lack physical infrastructural development despite contributing over 80% to the Internally Generated Revenue ( IGR ) of the State Government.
5. The creation of Coaster Area Development Agency will promote peace and bring development to the Riverine Communities
6. The creation of Coaster Area Development Agency will bring employment to the Riverine Communities and will reduce crime.
7. The creation of Coaster Area Development Agency will help as a solution to security problems and will also reduce conflicts between IOCs and Host Riverine Communities
8. The creation of Coaster Area Development Agency will give sense of belonging to the Riverine Communities and will also bring government closer to them.
9. The creation of Coaster Area Development Agency will boost the security situation in the Riverine Communities and will attract investors to the coaster areas thereby bringing development to them
10. The creation of Coaster Area Development Agency will silent the issue of marginalization and will bring development straight to the Riverine Communities which would make the people to have confidence in the government.
Finally: The creation of Coaster Area Development Agency will bring government and the people more closer, encourage a participatory form of government needed in any democracy, this will in turn make them very loyal to the government.